05 December 2005

fun old cosas!

So here I am in the computer lab, on break from core curriculum in the morning. I've spent the past few hours studying Torah with my pal Jacqie, and then there was some discussion about historical value, bias, accuracy, etc-- for all of my TOK homies back in Salt Lake, this was totally old news and I OWNED it. If you had been there you would have laughed.

"It's a religious text, automatically carries a propagandistic bias, blah blah blah, cross-referencing for historical value, blah blah."

Awesome.

Yesterday we went to Tel Gezer, and it was completely, %100 amazing. It's an archeological dig about 45 minutes from Hod Ha'Sharon, and the areas exposed are from around 1750 BCE. The Canaanites were amazing-- they found this hilltop right at the beginning of Israel's foothills, and it's totally secured. It looks out along the costal strip (which is totally flat) to the Mediterranean, and then it's backed by more hills and the beginning of the mountains. Back in the day it was totally fortified; stone walls with cyclopean masonry as much as ten feet thick, and then those were reinforced with earth. To get water, they dug out a tunnel at least fifteen feet in diameter that went through the bedrock to an underground aquifer-- we even got to climb down it!

Amazing stuff, really. Just looking around almost all of us found pottery sherds from 3,000 years ago.

Break is almost over, so I'm off to study Biology for a few minutes and then it's back to class. Me, Fallon, Leeron, Jacqie, and Sasha are presenting a skit on Deborah's life as a judge. It's kind of terrible. But but...we were busy last night. With, you know. Homework. And stuff.

More later!
xoxox

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JIMMM!!!



It sounds like you are having an amazing time. Thanks for the llamar por telephono (not correct! but you get what I mean!) it was soo good to here your voice somewhere out in the world.

Hey what I really wanted to say was, I have a free period from 12:05-1:40 every day so I could call you then. or if we plan one day a week... or month or whatever I could have my moms cell on me and you could call me durring that time... I think it might work out better for your sleep schedual. Let me know.

I wish I could see all the things your seeing, that well...thing... sounds sooo coool,I'm jealouse. I'm also really glad you have made so many friends so fast, I'm impressed what can i say! I don't know if you have my e-mail/ time at all... so I'll talk to you here. Life is good, winters was great. I've recently found full-swing senioritis since my mid-years are turned in and it is as righteous as everyone says it is. no real hot news to speak of... I'll tell you more later. Other than that, say hi to all your friends for me, take a crap on Samathas favorite shoes for me, and have fun for me too.

Lots and lots of loves,
your friend Lauren

6:31 PM PST  
Blogger Christolf said...

i'm serious hoeface there is some fabulous, but BLANK, stationary waiting to have a letter on it for you.

8:25 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, excuse me...but don't you do all of the biased document stuff in IB History too? Where are MY props? (sorry for trying to sound young...) I'm glad you're having a good time--I smell class presentation when you get back!

Ms. Nick

9:41 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home