09 December 2005

aw shoot

Hey all!
I can only write a little bit today, it's Friday and I have to go pack for a free weekend. I'll be spending it in a town not far from here with my pal Jack; we'll see how it goes. Should be interesting, at least. And I am SO SO excited to have food that is NOT from the dining hall. Guhh...yesterday all I ate was pita, hummus, and cookies. It was all white and brown. Guhh...

ON Tuesday we left for our first overnight tiyul to Jerusalem. We spent the morning hiking at Mount Gilboa, but hiking is maybe not the best verb. Because it was all downhill. More like walking, or, occasionally, falling. Or ankle turning. I actually am totally in love, because they never ever make us walk UP the mountains, only down them. I hate up. I love down.

But anyways, the mountain was tons of fun. It reminded me of the forests in the northwest, all mossy and full of trees. But what do I know about trees. Then that ended, and we went to

Aw man. Our rooms are getting clean checked for cleaness and I need to be in the dorm right right now.
xoxox! More post-Shabbos.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I am amazed at how little free time you have. That is talent... and hard work! Hope its all fun!

-Heart your friend Lauren

6:06 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you! I remember the Gilboa hike! It was REALLY FUN! especially the part with like the hand things so you dont fall! Anyway, sounds like you are having a great time! I can't wait to hear more about it soon- and it is so funny because I can predict the order of events in your diary. Also, you will have to hike up eventually...I promise! There is a lot of downhill though--enjoy it while you can! :) I hope you got my email and went to meet Yossi! You really should, hes amazing! Anyway, I'll keep reading about you, and can't wait to talk to you about your experience at the end! xoxo
Emilia

7:35 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home