27 December 2005

FUN FACTS

1. In Israel, every little restaurant and cafe and crap stand sells this stuff called iced coffee. But it's not like American iced coffee with coffee and ice, it's like a delicious milky sweet coffee SLURPEE and you can buy a medium for 10 shekel at Ofer's on campus and they're SO expensive but SO good. SO. GOOD.
2. You know how there are two day weekends? Like, with Saturday and Sunday? I don't. Because in Israel, SUNDAY IS A WORK DAY. So there is one day and one night of true, honest-to-God weekend, but even with that Sunday is Shabbos so everything is closed until sundown. Moral of the story? Madness.
3. Yesterday while eating lunch in the Hadar Ochel, we looked up and the ceiling tile above us was all wobbly, and Leeron was like, "I think it's dripping..." and then it FELL on the TABLE, right on Brooke's tray. And there were chunks of ceiling everywhere and I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.
4. I just got iced coffee all over the front of my shirt and I'm too lazy to change it, so now I'll smell like rancid milk ALL DAY.
5. Tonight is our super-duper exciting "Hanukah Halluh" party with the Akiba kids. Akiba is made up of 45 students from the same American high school who are doing the Alexander Muss program at the same time we are, just separately. We don't really know what a "Hanukah Halluh" entails-- although I suspect that by "halluh" they meant holla, as in holla back or "Hollaback Girl", if you will --but on the dorky little flyers they handed us it said to dress in your best 60's get up and that there would be free food. I'm down.
6. I spend most of Physics every day attempting to explain to my teacher exactly how I expect him to teach me. When I'm not teaching him how to teach, he's doing labs for me and getting distracted by Orli, who has an inborn gift for sidetracking teachers.
7. I'M going to go take a nap!
8. And then I'm gonna pick out my favorite 60's ensemble and get my groove on, Hanukah Halluh-style.


Happy Hannukah and Merry Christmas to all! Much love.
xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home