12 January 2006

cottonmouth

listen to: regrets, by ben folds five.

Last night I was awake until 2:30am, just because I felt listless and had work to do and kept stalling for hang out time with everyone. This morning, when my cell phone alarm went off at 8? I let it go through three full ring cycles before I realized omigawd it's MY alarm that's going off, not Rachel's or Laura's or Sam's, and then I turned it off and lay there in bed for way way too long. By the time I actually made it to the hadar ochel, it was ten minutes to closing and the angry cafeteria ladies barked at us in Hebrew. I ate shitty off-brand frosted flakes with 3% milk, because for some reason they drink 3% here, not 2%. And instead of skim being skim, it's 0%! Madness.

Then I went back to the dorm to grab my English stuff (everyone in my room: still asleep) and now I'm here, in the comp lab, stalling. Today and yesterday have been finals for our sequentials: yesterday was Biology, today is Physics. For English I had to write an essay on a poem by Margaret Atwood, and now I have these hideous CHARTS about Joyce's Dubliners, and...ugh. Charts. The best part is that this is only the beginning-- this afternoon I compose the study plan of all study plans re: final exam in the core curriculum. All of Jewish History from biblical times to the present. In four hours of testing.

Niice. Mom says it's good practice for college but mostly I don't listen to her. Becuase...well, because she's my mom. No offense, Mom.

Wow. Good journal entry, Dory! Mostly I just felt obligated to put some kind of buffer between my awkward poetry and the future tense. I'll be concrete/coherent soon, I swear. After Shabbos? It's on.

xoxo

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Dory!

Study, study, study. Nail that exam!

xxoo
from your mom, sitting at Uncle

Bill's computer in Brookline

9:18 AM PST  
Blogger Christolf said...

hey we did those dubliners charts a while ago. you're behind the times, D!

on a different note, I was snooping across myspace and found some nice nice pictures we should talk about

2:58 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh--it's a global conversation by the Trimniks! Of course you will nail the exam with your head stuffed with all these weeks of Jewish history!

And what would you like for dinner on your return? Hummus? Falafel? Green watery vegetables of indeterminate origin?

xxoo Dad

9:54 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dory,
Melvin and I have been following your adventures in the Homeland. Brings back memories of my first visit. I only liked the falafel. Your mother is here for a week-end with the mishpacha.We had a great time. Have a good trip home. Nisiya tova.
Carol

6:01 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home